Well, I made this one up one more time. It’s turning into a TNT pattern. I saw the paisley in my local Fabricland and couldn’t pass up the pre-Christmas sale price.
I sewed up version A, which is for batiste or other woven fabrics. What a difference in the fit and feel stretch makes. This has no stretch AT ALL, and it really fits differently (read tighter) than my first version, pictured below.
I left off the sleeve ties. After wearing the knit version and always having to tuck the ends of the ties into my sleeves, I thought it would be lovely to just leave them off this time. It gets to be annoying having them drag through everything on the dinner table AND the kitchen sink. I ruched the bottom 12 inches of the sleeves instead, but after trying the top on, it became apparent I couldn’t even do that because of the close fit.
Keep in mind that I sewed this up one size smaller than I probably should have, which worked fine in the jersey, but made the fit noticeably smaller in the woven through the hemline and the lower sleeve area. I had no idea these sleeves were meant to be puuuuuulled on or off. At least they’ll stay out of the way, given the extra 7 inches of length. And I cut the sleeves short by about 5 inches because I thought there’d be too much sleeve bunched up at the bottom!
Well, one more UFO paisley item coming up, and then I’m on to my 2011 project list. I’m trying to get through the UFO stash on my sewing table as soon as possible!
One thought on “Pattern Review: Burda 09-2010-111A”