Good question. I’m staring at a stack of fabric as I write this. Do you do New Year’s resolutions? I don’t. Never have much. I always thought if I really wanted to do something, then I’d just do it. I didn’t need to make a resolution. However, I’m thinking that I need to do some planning. Here’s what’s on my hope-to-get-done-before-it’s-spring list (which is sometime in May around here). In order of importance….
- Muslin and fit a Cinderella dress. Ha! I bet you weren’t expecting that one.
- Finish yet another version of Burda 09-2010-111 in paisley and the wrap skirt mentioned in this post.
- Start and finish my Cavalli coat. It’ll make a nice new coat to wear in February when the winter wardrobe is starting to feel tired.
- Camel wool crepe high-waisted pants for the HepburnHepburn project which seems to have been high-jacked all around by the Christmas sewing rush. We’re all back on track, though!
- Make that darn trench coat….. spring will arrive eventually.
- And one more shirt, wrap-style, for the HepburnHepburn project.
It’s been fun reading all the plans that you have, dear readers! One jacket per month over at Gigi Sews. One item per week over at Sew Convert. I’m amazed at the ideas and the time commitment of you all. I love to sew, but I seriously cannot imagine making one garment (object) per week. I love the jacket idea, but I really cannot justify 12 new jackets in my closet. So I’ll just putz along with whatever wallops me upside the head as a great idea, and leave all the intense planning and doing to those of you who are far more dedicated that I!
But all of this will have to wait. I’m off to ski in beautiful British Columbia and Lake Louise for a couple of weeks. We’ll make good use of that turtle fur….