This is the second installment of DD1’s summer wardrobe. She had originally wanted Burda 1-2011-114, but I only purchased one metre of the bordered voile, and the border was down one selvedge. So I couldn’t do all the gores with the border they way I wanted – there just wasn’t enough fabric. Here’s the line drawing from Burda Style 1-2011.
What to do? Raid my stash. I opted for the skirt of Vogue 8382 instead.
I cut the skirt pattern off 1” above the waistline marking on the pattern (for 1” waistline seam allowance) and cut a narrow waistband 2.5” wide, including seam allowances. I used a 7” invisible zipper at the centre back, just as the pattern calls for. Oh! And I added a simple A-line self-fabric lining from the leftover white material for modesty’s sake.
DD1 is pleased, and so am I! Onto the next installment….
5 thoughts on “Garden Skirt”
I wouldn’t of thought of using a dress pattern with a under bust seam to create a skirt. But the resulting flared skirt is a great choice for the border print fabric. It is really pretty.
That is so nice!!
I would be too! It’s an adorable skirt.
Your daughter is a very lucky girl. Her new wardrobe is shaping up nicely.