A heart felt thank you to Mary of Biblioblog for awarding me the Versatile Blogger Award. I’m surprised – rather – and honoured!
Not quite being in lala-land, I nevertheless really had no idea what this award meant, so did some research. Did you know there is a VBA WordPress site? I kid you not! You can learn all about this award and see so many other blogs that have been nominated/awarded.
Seven random things about me:
1. I am an espresso junkie.
2. I cook everything from scratch. Yes. Everything – well, except crackers. It’s just something that I do – another creative outlet, perhaps?
3. I loathe garden work. I have a distinct memory of having to weed about one acre of peas when I was about 12 yrs old. Half way through I collapsed from sheer exhaustion, and have never liked gardening since. Ha!
4. I do not eat peas in any shape, form or concoction. It may have something to do with the one acre job mentioned previously.
5. I married a man who also hates peas. How cool is that?
6. I am completely in love with Charles Dickens’ use of the English language. Dickens is my go-to author when all else fails.
7. I spent my teens in the little itty bitty blink-and-you’ll-miss-it town of Rollyview, Alberta, and then did my undergraduate studies in Toronto. Culture shock, anyone?
Passing it on: I’m apparently supposed to list 15 blogs, but this is where I’m going to
fail bail, but with an explanation…. excuse? I kinda cheat when I’m reading blogs…. I have a few bookmarked, and then go on from their “live” blog lists. I would love to be able to have a widget on this blog that gives you the link to the blog I just read, and how many minutes ago I was there, but such a widget does not (and apparently never will) exist on WordPress’s site because of security issues. Who knew? So I find new blogs as I peruse other bloggers’ lists and add them to my static links list on the right, or follow the links in profiles of those of you who are so kind as to leave comments on BurdaStyle or PatternReview whenever I do post something on either site. The sewing/blogging world is immensely huge, and this is just a tip of the iceberg of blogs that I enjoy which I have not seen mentioned elsewhere.
www.kristaewert.com – A beautiful blog written by a photographer who also happens to be a mom to a lovely little girl with DS.
Spicy Colours Blog – In Hungarian – which I can’t read without Google translate – but worth the translation effort.
He Cooks… She Sews – A truly versatile blog that covers two of my favourite things to do!
Rosy – I love her vintage style!
Aventuras de costuras – I just stumbled upon her blog a couple of days ago via PR.
And St. Nolt Sews – whose smocking and embroidery is quite amazing! I’m sorry my girls are getting too big to warrant the labour of smocked dresses. I’ll need to explore ways of incorporating needlework into more hip styles, I guess!
Suggested rules for nominees: Feel free to disregard these rules—I’m not your taskmaster—but this is what I was told:
1. In a post on your blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award – I say you only need name as many as you care to!
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
4 thoughts on “Thank you!”
I’m a cheater blog reader too. I think half of what I liked about setting up my own blog was having a blog roll to check out. For a very long time I relied on Gertie, Tanit-Isis, Male Pattern Boldness etc to follow links. There are so many great stories to read.
Wow! Tia Day thank you very much, I feel very honored your words, I pick the prize and took it to my blog.
Thank you so much the Versatile Blogger Award and link. It’s really kind of you.
I’ll write about it soon. 🙂
Congratulations! Again, I’m so happy to have found your blog after losing it for several months 🙂