I’m working on a camisole version of the Ruby slip. As soon as I saw the Sew-A-Long, I downloaded the pattern, knowing that I wouldn’t get around to it until I got around to it. I’ve always wanted a properly fitting slip, but could really never be bothered harnessing my intellect to wrestle through the bodice fitting issues. When I saw Sherry’s version it was so pretty I just couldn’t resist giving it a try. Then all sorts of Rubys started popping up in the sewing blog world and I really thought I’d give it a try.
The final impetus was this blouse, however, which I made in a silk chiffon that definitely requires a camisole. I could wear something nude coloured, but I personally find it annoying when I see curvy people like myself wearing something sheer with only a nude something else hiding their undergarments. It’s visually distracting and I don’t like to see details, if you know what I mean. So, after cutting out a Donna Karan top (yet to be sewn), I was pleased to see there was enough of this green silk charmeuse to cut the Ruby slip pattern to make myself a camisole.
I just want to say, regardless of all the stupid pattern adjustments that can (and do) make me tired of not being a B cup girl, Sherry did a wonderful job drafting this slip pattern. The bodice cut is perfect, even though I’m not planning to use lace for this version. And the required FBA was a LOT easier than any other slip adjustment I’ve attempted in the past.