This blouse has been finished for ages, but I’ve not had any interest in taking photos of it or writing about it. But since today is Me-Made-May Day 6, and this is what I wore, I kinda sorta had to take pictures and so I may as well write about it, don’t ya think? I picked this Burda blouse in my desire to sew through some of the blouse fabrics that have been waiting for the light of day. I originally thought I’d use this weird fabric…… but it has a definite mind and body of its own that does NOT look good in something as shapeless as this blouse. It’s a rayon crinkle with another layer of the same rayon as a backing. It’s cool, but it so did not work with this pattern. So I disassembled it and will use it for something else someday.
But I really wanted to make up this blouse. Don’t you just love the bow? So I went a-hunting through the stash and came up with the remnants from this dress. I don’t have the dress anymore. Surprised? I seem to give away as many garments as I sew. But I love love loved this silk chiffon, and it worked nicely with the shapeless design of the pattern.
Shapeless garments don’t really work on my figure, but the chiffon is light enough and I cut this shirt one size smaller than I normally would, so it works well. My only complaint is the sleeves: the hem is supposed to be turned up twice, but it won’t stay there and I don’t want to stitch them into place. I cut the ties on the bias, but used the narrow width suggested for the shorter tie on version A with the length of version B. Well, I cut as much length as I could out of the remnant. I didn’t bother finishing the edges of the tie, since it’s cut on the bias. The seams are French seams; the hems on the bottom and the sleeves are narrow hems.
This was the blouse that asked for a Ruby, and got one.