I really need capris and summer trousers. I’m not a shorts person at all. I haven’t actually worn a pair since my DD3 was born 9 years ago, and prior to that I’ve only ever owned about three pairs. But I like capris, and the only pair I currently own is my trusty rust-coloured pair from OOP Vogue 8094. And since I trashed a couple of skirts this spring because the hems were sagging and the other was bagging, I need new bottoms. This pattern is fairly straight forward, but my alterations don’t make it so straightforward. However, since this is my 3rd go at this pattern, I think I’ve tweaked it into submission.
I decided to put in a side zip this time. I chose a lapped insertion because it’s strong, and I hate invisible zips that die. The fabric is a lighter poly-cotton twill, and I intend to wear these capris until they fall apart or I get sick of them or (God forbid) I grow or shrink out of them. To keep the zipper from inching down, I added a button tab on the inside. The facing is interfaced cotton from my stash.
And now for the obligatory mug shots. I’m sure Mrs. Mole will say I need to drop the crotch even more than I have, but that will wait for the next pair. I honestly scramble to make these up this morning so I had something to wear besides PJ’s or sweat pants.
This is before adjusting the crotch.
And this is afterwards. I can see that I probably could lower it yet another 5/8″, and will for the next pair, or when I take these off at the end of the day! ha-ha!