I made another pair.From the Jalie pattern again. And here’s a conundrum perhaps you could help me with: I cut these in a single layer, very carefully, from the very same pattern as my previous pair, and they were too small.
What’s up with that?!?
So I did my unintentional denim rescue trick again, since I had a good yard of fabric left over, and added a 2-inch wide strip down the outside of each leg. At least it looks like an intentional design element. For fun I decided to use hot pink thread in my serger. You can see it just peeking out at you under the belt loop.Apparently this denim-like fabric has less stretch than the cotton-lycra denim I used before. And I totally love this denim-like fabric from EOS. It’s a cotton-poly-lycra blend with a subtle stripe effect in the weave, and it’s super comfortable. And I decided to add a few copper rivets for a different look. Lots of fun pounding fabric and hardware with a hammer!
I cut both the front and the back using the low-rise pattern this time, and it fits very well. Better than the mix of the two I did for the blue pair. I’m actually going to see if I can edit that first pair: lower the back rise and place the back pockets differently. I can totally see myself wearing these to death, not the least because they’re chocolate brown. Let’s hope the fabric blend withstands hard wear.