Remember this dress?
Well, it went into the “remake it pile” when I purged my closet. I initially cut it apart with the intention of making another dress, but that went out the window once I’d laid out all the pieces and realized only the skirt was really going to be salvageable. So I traced off this little sleeveless number from Burda’s 2012 FW Classics issue. There was just enough to squeeze it out, although I did end up piecing some of the facing.
I lengthened the back by an extra 4cm, hemming it with right-angle corners instead of grading it to meet the front length. It means I can tuck it in securely at the back, or, when it is left untucked, have sufficient coverage when I sit or bend over.
I’m quite happy with this little top, especially the collar. And quite happy that I have a garment which will see more wear than the dress ever did.