Sometimes you hope fabric and pattern design work out, and you end up with a winner. This is a winner, in my books. The fabric is from my stash, and again, it’s from EmmaOneSock’s roll end page. It’s a lovely silk chiffon with a myriad of colours – my favourite fabric for tops because they will coordinate with any number of bottoms, colourwise, anyways.
There’s only two reviews for this blouse (View B) on Pattern Review, and I cannot figure out why. Maybe the style isn’t for everyone, or the pattern version is off-putting? Anyways, I love my version! I did find the instructions for the front a little bit confusing the first time I read through them, but I told myself that if I can decipher BurdaStyle’s cryptic English translations, then I could do this.
Here’s the inside of the front before the folding, buttons and buttonholes have been completed. I used silk organza for a stabilizer, something Vogue doesn’t suggest, which is ridiculous if you’re adding buttons and buttonholes.
This is what the front looks like once it’s all been completed while being worn.
I did a sloped forward shoulder adjustment and an FBA. And I’m pretty chuffed about how I managed to match the bands of colour for this top. There were literally unusable scraps left.
Oh, and the trousers are the first pair of the slim Burda 01/2016 #135 trio that I made; this pair is made from a stretch cotton sateen purchased at my local Fabricland. I absolutely love the quality of this fabric.
And, just because I hated the samples of the machine-stitched narrow hem, I did this shirt by hand.
Still need a lot of practice, even if this is macro shot!