I’ve been sewing off and on since my last post, mostly because of life and getting ready for fall. Can you believe that summer is almost over and school begins next Tuesday? Wow. My summer flew by, and mostly without much sewing!
I want to thank each of you for your comments on the muslin for the navy gown. I have decided that I will make the back a mirror image of the front. After the fitting, a couple of changes were decided: narrower cuffs, roomier sleeves and a more pronounced boatneck. I am making another muslin for next week. But in the meantime, I’m working on the jacket for the suit-on-request, and have spent the last couple of hours playing around with buttonholes.
After trying multiples of what my Vogue Sewing book calls the five-line-patch method, I gave up. You can see a fabulous and beautiful pictorial of the exact same method posted by Sherry. I could not – repeat five times – could not – get mine to work. PERIOD.
So I tried the organza patch method, pictured above over the instructions in the Vogue Sewing book.
Pretty. And perfect. And I’m liking the chevrons.